New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnc

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2010 :  12:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Glen,
Scrap yards around my neck of the woods in France are a bit thin on the ground.Most people's idea of scrapping a car is to leave it to return to nature in a corner of a field!
Regards
John
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2010 :  10:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you not adapt something out of another more modern vehicle? I know they have to be tight fitting, but it's a thought. My Audi's have them, and the arch diameter - at least on the Fastback - is similar, so it's a possibility. I would say I'd try them, but know I won't have time in the foreseeable future, but it's certainly a good idea to do this esp. on the Sries cars that have a real rust trap u neat the A post. Beats the usual oil soaked rag stuffed up there . Let us know how you get on. Cheers. Glen.
Go to Top of Page

johnc

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  16:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been looking into the possibilty of fitting liners to the front wheel arches of my SIV to avoid the accumulation of crud in the traps so carefully designed into our Rapiers by Rootes.
I have found a supplier,Direct Plastics of Sheffield,they supply HDPE sheet (1m x0.5m and upwards) by mail order at very reasonable cost.
I thought this may be of interest.

Regards
johnc
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2024 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000