Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Gallery
 Your Restorations
 anybody fancy this restro

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
weeroxy Posted - 26 Jan 2011 : 21:00:28
http://www.putpic.com/gallery/6380/2054432
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1922 Posted - 05 Feb 2011 : 15:22:02
The heater controls might be different but I pretty sure there is only one heater unit for all 'arrow' cars. The 1971 parts book certainly only lists one unit.

Fastback Thomas Posted - 02 Feb 2011 : 19:42:47
I guess it's a wiper switch. Like the one in a rapier... You're right sceptres mostly have rocker switches. als in the center console...
I think the heater is the most difficult problem, since the rapier's is a lot lower then the sceptre's!
If I don't forget, I'll try to make a few pictures of our LHD sceptre on friday.
Can't promise anything.

I like a car that looks normal but really knocks your socks off!!
turbinecol Posted - 02 Feb 2011 : 18:02:19
That 'Sceptre' dash is bizarre, the heater controls look wrong, what looks like the choke is on the right hand side instead of the left ~(or it could be a round style wiper switch when Sceptres are usually rocker type), lights and switches are an odd mix - I reckon it has been heavily reworked to fit round the rapier switches and heater, either that or export models were getting odd in their later life. Parts book still suggests they should be largely sym opp. Anyone have any more left hand drive pics to compare??
Fastback Thomas Posted - 02 Feb 2011 : 15:28:07
If you're unlucky you'd have to change the whole heater assembly of rapier/alpine with the one in the hunter,
because from what you can see on the pictures the controls are 3 different types between Hunter, Rapier/alpine and sceptre...

1922 Posted - 02 Feb 2011 : 13:49:59
I think the metal work behind the dash is different - but it's a long time since I had my GLS (well actually I still have some of it!).
I think I remember that the Rapier/Alpine shell has a solid panel in the centre (behind the dash) where the Hunter has an aperture for the heater controls.

The floorpan and inner wings are almost exactly the same so I think it will be the same width and it might fit - but you might have to cut some holes.

It's worth a try

sanchaaze1 Posted - 01 Feb 2011 : 21:02:45
cheers

laird ellis
janmarine3 Posted - 01 Feb 2011 : 19:42:12
Hi guys, all wooden dashes are nice , but to me there is no beating the ser rapier wooden dash when it is properly finished off with neat padding on top and below.I will send you guys a few pic's after I have installed the new 15" steering, still waiting for a hub from moto-lita. wife doesn't know yet though....?
Fastback Thomas Posted - 01 Feb 2011 : 18:24:24
Might be difficult/expensive...

I'm not an expert and I'm not sure about the following but I'm sure some people on the forum can correct or agree with me...

The hunter GLS is about the same car (when talking about styling, ... and measurements) as a humber sceptre mark III.
From what I've seen in pictures the humber sceptre mark III dash is almost the same as the dash that is in a f/b rapier or alpine.
(In a rapier, got this from the gallery on the SROC website)

(and a sceptre dash)

So, the dimensions should be the same between f/b alpine/rapier and Sceptre MKIII.
and the dimension between the sceptre and hunter GLS will probably also be the same...
Which makes that Hunter and f/b would also be the same...

Perhaps someone can back me up on this, with proof or anything else...

So for the dimensions it would be okay, but then you might have problems with connecting: dials, heater...

P.S. I like the looks of that dash to!

sanchaaze1 Posted - 31 Jan 2011 : 21:50:59
Aye but im quite fond of that dash if im honest

laird ellis
arrocuda Posted - 31 Jan 2011 : 21:14:52
Would probably be easier and cheaper to get yer hands on a Rapier dash and do a straight swap out.

Tim.

Building the 'Mark II' fastback Rapier ('Arrocuda').
sanchaaze1 Posted - 31 Jan 2011 : 20:55:59
the inside looks ok thoughwould a GLS dash fit in my alpine f/back???

laird ellis
1922 Posted - 26 Jan 2011 : 22:31:49
Flipping 'eck that is rusty.
But enough bits the make a standard one into a GLS perhaps.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2024 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000