Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Clutch master cylinder

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johnc Posted - 13 Jun 2013 : 18:33:56
Hi all,
I need to replace the clutch master cylider on my SIV but cannot source one.I've tried Speedy Spares and Powertrack who are unable to supply one.I've fitted a repair kit but can't get the system pressured.Does anyone know if an alternative cylinder to the original specification will fit if so which one and where it can be obtained.I'v fitted a repair kit to the slave cylinder which seems to be OK but I'm minded to replace this also,any ideas where this can be obtained.
Regards
Johnc
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JPSH120 Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 08:42:14
quote:
Originally posted by andyb

Best not look through the rest of the invoices !!!!

Amen to that

andyb Posted - 02 Dec 2013 : 21:51:57
I had my brake master cyl refurbished by pastparts
bored & re sleeved with a stainless insert
Just dug the invoice out .......£117.00 inc p&p

Best not look through the rest of the invoices !!!!

sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
johnc Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 09:55:34
Hi all,
Just returned from a trip to blighty so no progress since my last post.
I'm interested in the club spares stock item if available.Otherwise I'll remove existing one and consider alternatives suggested.
Regards
John
JPSH120 Posted - 23 Jun 2013 : 19:01:06
Back on ebay £10 cheaper, item 200937083043

vintageman Posted - 21 Jun 2013 : 00:14:46
it must be the season or lack of use over the winter, mine failed on bank holiday Monday.

Its currently at http://www.pastparts.co.uk/reman.htm for re-manufacture with a new stainless steel sleeve insert. I'm still awaiting return so can't yet comment on standards but they are a professional company and given the pain in changing m/cs I'm happier using them and knowing that the condition of the internal parts is new rather than an unknown off evil bay.

The brake master fluid looked clear and unsullied but I decided to remove it whilst I was grovelling in the footwell. On removal I found that the bottom 15mm of fluid was black as ink from the dissolved rubber.IMHO its not worth the risk with single circuit particularly as the refurb price is not unreasonable; so they're doing my brake and slave cylinder as well.
JPSH120 Posted - 18 Jun 2013 : 12:15:26
John, is this anything like it??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HILLMAN-MINX-SINGER-VOGUE-CLUTCH-MASTER-CYLINDER-NEW-OLD-STOCK-/200935205174?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec8abe936

bigt80 Posted - 15 Jun 2013 : 17:04:19
Hi John, There is a slim chance that there is one in the stores, bought for a Fastback in error - as they look very similar, but I think the bore is smaller on a Series car. (I think the Fastback code is 4222-988 [later LM12988] also that 4222-973 fits, but not sure on that).
I would think that it is vital that bore is same as existing, otherwise amount of fluid displaced will be different and clutch will not operate correctly.
Not there until month end, but I can add to my list to look.
Regards. G.
johnc Posted - 14 Jun 2013 : 08:34:42
Thanks for the replies.
I've already considered the e bay item but the pipe is located on top instead of the end as mine is.I shall remove mine and compare the dimensions,if they are the same hopefully I can modify the pipe and fit the origional push rod which is also different,so it could well be an inexpensive fix.
In the meantime I'll widen my search as suggested.
Regards
John
JPSH120 Posted - 13 Jun 2013 : 22:11:43
Is this one the same?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=390298551133&kw=390298551133

JPSH120 Posted - 13 Jun 2013 : 21:49:21
John

Going by my Lockheed reference book the clutch master is 4223-917 which was common on most rootes platforms, singer, hillman, Humber etc. Widening your search criteria may help?

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2024 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000