Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Sound deadening

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
UMU Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 19:13:16
So 'hear' you go

Recently I found driving on the motorway for any distance a little draining, as there is so much unnessary noice coming in the car.

I have found a material thats cheap and easy to work with that does a fairly good job.

'Flashband' as used in the building trade, heres a link just to show you what i mean
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/22704/Building/PVCu-Cladding/Evo-Stik-Flashband-225mm-x-10m?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Datafeed-_-Building-_-Evo-Stik%20Flashband%20225mm%20x%2010m

I ordered mine from Toolstation, but had to call them to do so as couldnt find it on the web and it was only around a tenner for a 10m roll of 225mm wide - i found that 2 rolls did the job.

Really you can only use this on the floor pan and below/behind the rear seat as it will peel off the roof and possibly the doors, but with installing this plus an extra layer of carpet, my car is so much quieter - wow!

Hope this helps

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2024 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000