Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Battery

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johnc Posted - 16 Feb 2015 : 15:08:46
Hi all,
My SIV fitted with a 1725 HC engine/head struggles to turn over and fire.Without the plugs in it spins well enough so I conclude the battery (relatively new)is not up to the job.My question is what is the normal battery fitment and what size is recommended to improve the situation bearing in mind the size of the battery carrier.
John
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 21 Feb 2015 : 14:00:54
Great: glad you are sorted G.
johnc Posted - 16 Feb 2015 : 18:22:36
Thanks Glen,
I'll switch to the biggest I can fit in the try which should be a 65ah
Regards
John

SortedObtained a 60ah 530cca battery which fills the carrier and is a massive improvement.
bigt80 Posted - 16 Feb 2015 : 17:24:40
Hi John, I'm speaking from a Fastback standpoint and we have a larger tray; albeit that it doesn't have a lip to it, which has created a couple of iffy times during my long ownership of these cars. Anyway, 38ah or 45ah ones are I believe supposed to be adequate, but I use a minimum of 55ah or 65ah ones. I have some old 'classic' Audi's and swap the batteries around with the Rapier OK and these are what I would say would be standard size & should fit your Rapier tray: namely 24x17x18cm. I think the reference number given is 075 & I've paid c.£50 for one with a 3 year guarantee and had no problems starting. I would steer away from 'Raylite' make; they've not been good at holding a charge: my vehicles tend to be laid up for weeks at a time.
Hope that outpouring helps a bit . G.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2024 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000