Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Windscreen wipers on Rapier V

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stella Posted - 22 Feb 2012 : 17:52:44
Hi everyone.. took the Rapier V out for its first long journey..wonderful to finally give the car a bit of a sprint...

However, it was very wet and we soon realised that the windscreen wiper system is in need of attention. The blades seemed to stagger or dance dizzily, regardless of what we did to the push/turn switch.

Can anyone tell me if they have replaced the Push-Washer/turn-wiper switch and if so what they have used instead.

At the moment Clive is thinking of putting in an extra toggle-switch somewhere hndy, for the 2-speed wipers, and just leaving the push-wash bit where it is now.

Any thoughts ??

Stella
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 27 Feb 2012 : 19:14:51
I'd put an electric pump for the washers on a touch-on/off toggle type switch and leave the 2 speed switch as it is for the wipers. You probably need some new wheel boxes as they've got a lot of slack in; plus the motor too may have wear. The self-parking mechanism was always a bit odd on the Series cars: well on my II & IIIA anyway, with a half wipe just before they self parked. G.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2024 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000