Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  12:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not much of a facebooker, but thought this might be of interest...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/52865443213/permalink/10156315400568214/

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  22:35:21  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i messaged the guy who posted it up, apparenty is in a garage which is in a deal, so until they buy the garages/land etc they dont have title to it,its in the thread if you look through, would be interesting i like yellow!
im going to be putting an h120 on ebay tomorrow so look out for it, ill put details on here

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2019 :  15:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please do, facebook should be banned!!
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2019 :  22:05:22  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i bought this h120 at the weekend, dont know why i have a morbid fixation.......... front end isnt too bad good wings, front valance bad behind numberplate, rear valance outer and inner bad, interior good , roof good rear arches tatty. but its yellow!!!!!!!!!

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2019 :  22:07:16  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2019 :  22:10:24  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2019 :  22:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you going to do with this one?
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2019 :  20:39:44  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dont know jason, need glens help getting a v5 as the reg isnt on dvla database, all depends on that really!

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2019 :  21:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could have an impressive collection if parts were easy to come by (like MGB)!!

God knows why someone thought it was a good idea to stick the rear numberplate on the bootlid
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2019 :  22:29:59  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i managed to spend a bit of time this week (ten mins!!!) put a ittle diesel down plug holes, oil is clean, next day tried the pulley and the engine turns over freely so good new on that, ill try to get the paperwork trail started.
yes numberplate must have been one of those ideas that seemed good at the time!

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2019 :  17:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably had a towbar at some stage. This was the standard mod on Rapiers so you could see the plate.

Great looking car. This would be a beauty when restored. Whats the colour, Sundance yellow same as the avenger tigers?

Edited by - Mooresy on 07 Jun 2019 17:26:06
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2019 :  22:40:40  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes it did have a towbar, rear valance is tatty, end of chassis rails are tatty and you can see the outline of where a bracket was attatched, ill post updates as and when theres something to update! come over next time your near you can see the collection, its grown a bit since you were last here!

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  21:56:18  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
forgot to say, i managed to find time to turn it over a few times the other day , oiled up, fresh petrol and yes it runs!!!. video on facebook rapier page. waiting on news from dvla about v5

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2019 :  22:37:44  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
got the letter from dvla, should have v5 in my name last week in july

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  22:14:08  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now have reg doc in my name, 1 previous owner . for sale £4500.
as said above will need welding to rear end/spring hangers/valance and probably sills as they have been done in the past.Rear edge of front wings depending how fussy, rear arches fluffy, front of front wings are very good as they go, interior is good and original, glen mason has seen the car in person. You may think it pricey but its yellow and thats how much to make me part with it! or it will get in the queue for work as and when!!!!! (2021?)i can do the work for a buyer , call or email for more details, i know you will want to ask "how much to fix it?" but thats subjective , 1000-3000 depending on how much you want done and to what stage/standard, to many variables, if you are interested come and have a look rgds Paul

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

Gowerowl

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2021 :  14:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having just joined the forum I thought I would try out my membership by posting a picture of this H120 in it's new home. I purchased it from Paul back in the autumn of 2019 and it finally got here (Swansea) in September 2020. Instead of being in Paul's queue it's now in my queue behind the Series 111A and the Triumph Mk.1 2.5PI estate. We haven't done much with the car yet other than clean out the fuel system, change the plugs / points and it is running OK to move around the drive but we suspect the head gasket needs doing as it gets a bit hot if run for long!
Chris

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000