New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Markpin

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2023 :  20:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am interested in selling my series 2, 1959 rapier for a fair price. I have gained a recent V5C and the car is registered in my name and also as historic. The previous owner before me from the V5 point of view was the original owner from new so I am the second owner officially.

The car has previously had the floor pans replaced fully and to a good standard, although these will need the welding finished as when they were done, the welds were not seamed which now is important. The rear of the body is mostly original while the doors and front panels have been swapped at some point in the distant past I believe. The engine is seiezed and its is very nearly ready to come out as I have loosened everything off ready for an engine swap. I have a running minx engine ready to go into the car which is my plan to get the car moving. I was then going to make sure the brakes work and then sell it on as a moving car. The interior is very very original and complete from what I can see. There are a good set of wheels and tyres that come with the car along with the second engine. Then a boot lid, bonnet, bumpers and other parts that I have collected for it. I would prefer to let the whole car go as it is with the extra parts listed. The project would involve the new buyer completing the welding as described, getting the engine swap done as a temporary fix to get it moving under its own steam. Then once welded and original engine refitted etc etc, this is a solid two owner from new car!

If anyone is interested in buying this project as described then please contact me and we can discuss it further.

Thanks

Mark

M Pinsent

rapier123

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2024 :  17:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this still for sale?
Go to Top of Page

EA Cole

1 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2024 :  10:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote