Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Windscreen frame to convertible roof seal.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr A.the Hun

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2022 :  10:50:27  Show Profile  Send Mr A.the Hun a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Sunbeams, Happy 2022
On the 1st of January I went out for a drive with the roof up, which I hardly ever do. I was reminded just how useless the rubber seal between the top of the windscreen frame and the folding roof is on my particular car. Not only has it petrified with age, but looking at my parts catalogue, it appears to be a non standard profile as well.
Before I show due diligence and trawl through the offerings of the couple of rubber seal suppliers I'm aware of, does anybody already know where I should be looking for something suitable? And has anyone already had success with an alternative profile that they could share the details of?
Just for clarity, I'm talking about the rubber seal that is located on the top, back edge of the bodywork that spans the two 'A' pillars. And then when the soft top is raised, seals against the front edge of said folding roof.
As always, Sunbeam knowledge gratefully received.

p.s. As much as I hate Facebook, I will post the same question there.

Mr A.the Hun

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2022 :  17:46:49  Show Profile  Send Mr A.the Hun a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It transpires that the club has a seal that is available and will do the job (we're not talking about trained circus waterborne mammals). Although parts god Mike Langley says it is nothing like the original. So if anyone has information on a more authentic substitute I would still be interested. Meanwhile I shall hopefully improve things with the seal the club has.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000