1168 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2021 :  22:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back on ebay again!
Go to Top of Page

IanEndurer

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2021 :  12:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good knowledge, certainly is a minefield on these classics!
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2021 :  19:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, started life a a standard car. On early H120's the Ammeter was replaced with the less useful oil temp gauge and this is a way of spotting if it was a standard car.
However, it isn't fool-proof as later H120's had an ammeter fitted due to (and this may only be a half-truth) the number of complaints dealerships received about the gauge often registering 110 degrees and higher! Despite the H120 owners manual stating that the recommended Shell Oil was well able to cope with these high temperatures, Rootes/Chrysler thought the best way of dealing with it was to remove the gauge: what the eye doesn't see...........:-).
Go to Top of Page

Sunbeam-mike

United Kingdom
164 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2021 :  09:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Commerlad

Looking through the photos, I would say fake. As the gauge shows oil pressure where I believe H120s had temp instead. So a standard Rapier with boot and engine swap but not done the gauge which is the hardest bit.

What he said.

Mike Hooper
Go to Top of Page

IanEndurer

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2021 :  09:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I thought then, as I live way up in the highlands of scotland a 20 hour round trip to the seller I dont think I will bother! Do like these rapiers in gold though.
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2021 :  21:31:20  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, this was in east anglia car auctions last week, (NOT ACA anglia auction) i tried to see what it sold for, obviously less that the asking price but it was listed there as "h120 a-like" , as i understand its a standard rapier fastback , standard chassis number . the aution never listed the upgrades .
It was on ebay about a year ago with the bloke not answering questions directly and a few people got hacked off with him, a mate tried to look and got a bit of a runaround. if interested go and look and make up your own mind!

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

Commerlad

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2021 :  21:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking through the photos, I would say fake. As the gauge shows oil pressure where I believe H120s had temp instead. So a standard Rapier with boot and engine swap but not done the gauge which is the hardest bit.

Sometimes I think laterally, but then I have to get up!
Go to Top of Page

IanEndurer

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2021 :  22:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334005928640

This sold recently at the EAMA auction. Described as not genuine h120 but h120 spec? Seller says it a genuine one. Any ideas?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000