New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2021 :  15:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody,
I don't know if this is of any interest but this is what I did.
first of all I installed the seal on the screen, then I used a 7mm rope that I inserted under the lip where the trim is mounted. I started by the lower trim, used a lot of talc powder and I instelled the trim aat its place then I pulled the rope slowly and the lip has jumped under the trim border. In fact not easy it took to my wife and me 4 hours approx to fit the complete trim on the screen. Corners are difficult but with the rope and a narrow spatula it finally went ok.
Now I will have to intall the screen equipped with the trim on the car. That will be done next week.
Thank you to those who read my original question and a special thank to Pranky who gave me a solution.
cheers to all and take care of your rapiers
gilles
Go to Top of Page

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2021 :  11:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Panky,
thank you forthe help. The tool you sent me won't be the one I need I am afraid but I think I have now found a method to put it using a small rope. I will complete it today and will let the members know if I am sucessful.
Thank you for your time and help anyway.
cheers
Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2021 :  10:37:49  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is this types (if it's the same type of insert as a Mini)

http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/Accessories/Tools/TOOL02.aspx?0108&ReturnUrl=/product/Classic/Accessories/Tools/TOOL12.aspx|Back%20to

There is also a more expensive version that is supposed to be easier to use from the same seller
Go to Top of Page

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2021 :  09:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello ,
Me again... I am trying to reinstall the chrome trim around the windscreen on my serie 3a. I think a special tool exist to do that easily. Does one of you has a picture or a drawing of this tool so I could build one?
Thank you very much and take care
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000