Instrument panel partial removal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2021 :  22:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a while since I had to do it, but have a broken choke cable to replace. From memory it was just the oil pressure gauge pipe & maybe the washer pump tubes, but I don't recall doing them: then screws in the top of the binnacle & spring clips from rear of binnacle (which you have to squeeze to remove them from the threaded securing screws - also air pipe to drivers vent. With this all done you can withdraw the whole binnacle enough to get behind it. I last did it when I had to replace my rev counter...twice! Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

72RPR

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2021 :  23:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sunbeam-mike, thanks for your info, I'll have a looksee over the next few days.
Go to Top of Page

Sunbeam-mike

United Kingdom
164 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2021 :  11:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I had to change some bulbs I had to release the choke cables from the carbs, disconnect the windscreen washer pipe from the back of the pump and unscrew the speedometer cable. I think I may have also needed to undo the oil pressure pipe. None of the cables were touched.

I just progressed slowly and disconnected what I needed.

Mike

Mike Hooper
Go to Top of Page

72RPR

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2021 :  04:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1972 Fastback. My choke cable has come loose due twisting the knob when using. Is it possible to draw the panel out from its place without disconnecting all the associated wiring/plumbing so that I can tighten-up the nut on the choke cable?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000