Introduce yourself
 Brave new world.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr A.the Hun

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  11:05:02  Show Profile  Send Mr A.the Hun a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Sunbeam aficionados. I'm Terry and I have been a member without a Sunbeam for about three years or so. Enviously observing all the lovely cars people look after. I grew up with a Sunbeam Rapier 111A Convertible until it was too rusty for my Mum to keep on the road, after that we walked. But once I was driving myself I had a series of Hillman and Sunbeam Imps even building and selling a couple of Rallye 998cc engines. Working abroad for most of my employed life has got in the way of sensible Sunbeam ownership. However early retirement has been forced on me by the Bat Flu Malarkey, and I have decided to properly start looking for a 111A convertible, I even have one in mind as we speak. Hopefully I can glean information from the collective Sunbeam consciousness as I proceed on this adventure. Hello

828CC

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  18:01:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terry.... Welcome to the forum.
If you get the chance, beg borrow or steal the latest issue of the club magazine.
Article on a convertible restoration, but check out the pic with no doors on.... Makes you realise how important that cruciform underneath is, and worth scrutiny on any intended purchase....
Good luck and keep us posted...
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  18:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worth joining the owners club anyway, but especially to get your hands on the latest magazine. Welcome and good luck with the search.
Go to Top of Page

Mr A.the Hun

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  20:29:31  Show Profile  Send Mr A.the Hun a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, yes I have the latest club magazine. I have also been busy reading up on checking for filler and stuff like that, all a bit scary really.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000