Introduce yourself
 1969 Alpine GT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigaadams

10 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2019 :  22:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not new to Sunbeam, just new to the fastback series. As stated, car is question is '69 fastback. The body is about the most solid one of these I have seen, thus my acquisition. However it is not pristine. The mechanical are rarely ever a problem but getting new rubber seals may prove to be a nightmare. Very little information on the internet, nothing on wiring, and the one book I saw offered for sale has a negative comment that it was of little value to the US sold version. Anyway, will post a few questions. I am in southeast US, Georgia.

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2019 :  11:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Not sure how many differences there are between the UK & US models, but it would be worth getting hold of the original workshop manual as below;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrysler-Hillman-Hunter-Range-Minx-Gazelle-Vogue-Sceptre-Alpine-Rapier-Manual/352554451202?hash=item5215e20102:g:rz4AAOSwNTNcJPwJ
Go to Top of Page

bigaadams

10 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2019 :  20:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, have sent an inquiry to the ad owner.

Go to Top of Page

bigaadams

10 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2019 :  20:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, have sent an inquiry to the ad owner.

Go to Top of Page

bigaadams

10 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  02:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE....shipping was about twice the price of the book...now I know why it was posted as may not ship to USA. Shipping is about out of control the world over it seems. Got a call from the guy that I got the car from, he came across the repair manual he had in captivity. I picked it up this evening. Big load off my mind having some tech data to refer to.

Thanks all

Edited by - bigaadams on 09 May 2019 02:43:59
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  19:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you ever need pdf copies of pages from the workshop manual I'd be happy to help, but the copy you've managed to get will be a good start.
Go to Top of Page

bigaadams

10 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2019 :  01:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JPSH120

If you ever need pdf copies of pages from the workshop manual I'd be happy to help, but the copy you've managed to get will be a good start.

Thanks, appreciate the offer very much. Every time I get a different older car, regardless of similarities, I like to read the repair manual cover to cover just to get familiar with the model.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000