Cars for Sale
 1968 rapier now lower price
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ebdons

29 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2019 :  17:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, this had just been lowered to a more reasonable price £1795 from £2795 a while back, but still will no doubt be hiding all sorts? Ton https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-Rapier-Fast-Back-Historic-Project-Vehicle/254187212277?hash=item3b2ebd0df5:g:rwAAAOSwmfhb8~WB

Edited by - ebdons on 03 Apr 2019 23:59:43

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2019 :  21:28:15  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
looks like you forgot the link! any more info ? cheers

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

pollystag

70 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2019 :  17:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rang this feller and asked for an honest description which he gave, I then asked him for the reg and looked it up on the dvla mot checker and the list of fails is mind blowing there must be a whole page full.that car is a full restoration job no probs.
Steve.
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2019 :  23:11:37  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i owned this for a few months, isnt this vfn xxxh ? i have a few pics of it, sold it about 4 yrs ago to a young bloke and he sold it a year after or so , now turned up again, you could have got it for £500 or so about 6 months ago, usual trick, buy, stick up for way high and hope to get lucky, then lower and it looks cheap but by the end of it you make a few hundred in the end

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

pollystag

70 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2019 :  19:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that's the one, i was was intrested in this at first but when I saw the mot fail list it was a no no for me, all the mechanics are no problem but the body and chassis were said to be extremely rusty.
Steve.
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2019 :  22:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps that's why vendors hide the number plate? I was told it was for security, but why? The number plate is on show if you drive it around.

jim
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2019 :  20:53:32  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes i always think the numberplate thing is bollxxxxxx , i mean you dont put tape over it when in tesco, the body has odd rust in the wrong places like the scuttle, top of rear wing etc i dont think the floor was that bad but a lot can happen in 4 years. best to have a look, i expect you could get it cheaper if you went there with cash and an empty truck

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  09:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cars this bad are simply not viable.
Cost v/s time v/s finished value. That the calculation most people run in their heads.
There are far more pleasurable ways to 'waste' your money.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000