South East Show, Kent Classic Show 11 Sept
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2016 :  13:12:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I do realise that this is a bit late, but just back from a lovely long holiday in France !
Kent's Classic Car Show and Auto Jumble this year is at Aylesford Priory, Kent ME20 7BX. on Sunday 11th from 10 till 4pm. over 500 cars are already booked in and many clubs use it as their National event.
Currently 3 maybe 4 Sunbeam Rapiers are booked in and I have contacted the organiser who has offered us a Club stand if we can guarantee a minimum of 5 or more cars. If anyone is interested then do contact me and we can make arrangements.
it is a very good show, with flat grass field and set next to Aylesford Priory -which is an ancient religious house of the Order of Carmelites dating back to the 13th Century.
further Details from www.Kentsclassiccarshow.co.uk
Please let me know if you are coming or if I can help with anything.
Royston Wareham LAO

Royston
with a Sunbeam in my life

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  14:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like we will have 5, so a club stand a real possibility now, any more takers ?

Royston
Go to Top of Page

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2016 :  18:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A club Stand has now been confirmed with 6 Sunbeam Rapiers confirmed as attending, still space for more though and pay at the gate ( £5) available for very late entries.
On arrival at site turn right to club stand areas , as directed by stewards. I will be on site from 9.30 and looking forward to seeing those who are coming, along with their cars and 550 other classic vehicles now booked in.
Hoping for good weather !

Royston
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2016 :  16:47:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Royston - flying the flag down there in the south east for the SROC. Speaking of flags, do you have a club one to actually fly? I'm sure Mike C used to have one of the clubs stock - also banner. If not let me know and we'll see what we can do for the next show. . Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2016 :  06:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Yes I have the banner from Mike but no flags, so it would be good to get some more Bling to brighten the stand for next time, and it might also help me to not get lost when I'm walking around these shows if I had a flag to see my way back !

Royston
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  08:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, OK: I'll drop you a pm. G
Go to Top of Page

Rusttom

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  09:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How was the show? I was going to come along to spectate but the weekend was eaten up with work on the cars. Any pictures of the SROC stand?
Go to Top of Page

Royston

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  19:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twas a fantastic show ! over 680 classic cars on display and 4 series Rapiers on our stand. gorgeous weather and a delightful place to be. We even had Chicory Tip playing live for most of afternoon. " come on over to my place, Hey You, we're having a party ....." great fun.

Had visits from other Rapier owners, and hundreds of photos and questions and fond memories from the public, a very successful day.
pictures coming soon !

Royston
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000