New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Paul_White

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2016 :  22:23:23  Show Profile  Visit Paul_White's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where the correct type can bd found. I am regularly checking ebay but the rootes ones are different to the mg and ford types. Thanks

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  15:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to clarify, are you referring to the chromed surround & retainer, or just the centres themselves with the 'Talbot' emblem on?G.
Go to Top of Page

Paul_White

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2016 :  16:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Paul_White's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to source the chromed surround and retainers
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2016 :  17:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK: Club probably has some s/hand ones, did sell a set (for a Hunter GLS) a few weeks back, but going to stores at the weekend, so will check to see if any more around.
Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

Paul_White

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2016 :  22:43:59  Show Profile  Visit Paul_White's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you.
Much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Paul_White

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2016 :  21:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Paul_White's Homepage  Reply with Quote
G
Did you have time to look over the weekend?
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2016 :  17:11:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah Paul, sorry, I forgot . Going again at end of month. Will put on the list. I have found one at home, but not good condition. I'm intending to obtain just the centre's & the sprung clips on the back. No emblems. Cheers & apols. G

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_White

G

Go to Top of Page

Paul_White

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2016 :  20:41:59  Show Profile  Visit Paul_White's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks G
Go to Top of Page

jabe1807

Norway
192 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2016 :  22:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have used centercaps from MG, they fit the rostyle.And bought labels to put on If you need some labels, I can send to you.

Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2016 :  00:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, they don't look too bad. I'm still going to look for some oe ones for Paul when in Banbury Monday, but as the acrylic centres are hard to get now, those stickers are an option!
Looks like you need some nice domed wheel nuts to finish the look of the wheel off thought jabe1807
Very hard to find the correct chamfer to get a snug fit. The standard wheel nuts do not bed completely into the Rostyle and so can't be used. I don't think club has any unfortunately. Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2016 :  16:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,
Have found some: will drop you a p.m. Two new & two not so good. Will try and send photos too. Cheers. G.

quote:
Originally posted by bigt80

Ah Paul, sorry, I forgot . Going again at end of month. Will put on the list. I have found one at home, but not good condition. I'm intending to obtain just the centre's & the sprung clips on the back. No emblems. Cheers & apols. G

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_White

G

Go to Top of Page

Paul_White

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2016 :  14:33:12  Show Profile  Visit Paul_White's Homepage  Reply with Quote
G, I found my email address was out of date. Sorted now.
If you have already tried to p.m. me it would have been lost. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks
Paul
Go to Top of Page

jabe1807

Norway
192 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2016 :  20:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, they don't look too bad. I'm still going to look for some oe ones for Paul when in Banbury Monday, but as the acrylic centres are hard to get now, those stickers are an option!
Looks like you need some nice domed wheel nuts to finish the look of the wheel off thought jabe1807
Very hard to find the correct chamfer to get a snug fit. The standard wheel nuts do not bed completely into the Rostyle and so can't be used. I don't think club has any unfortunately. Cheers. G.

Hi. Yes I need wheelnuts.Du you know what type I can use (what is correct angle/ chamfer?).Original wheelnuts has been perfect.
I need one wheelcenter, I have 3 original. If you can get one to me it would be great. I have the acrulic senter.
Regards Jan
Go to Top of Page

Sunbeam-mike

United Kingdom
164 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2016 :  12:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Interesting thread.

I'm on the hunt for, amongst other things, three wheel centres to complete my set, so if you stumble over any more Glen I'll be very interested.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Hooper
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2016 :  10:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Paul, Jabe & Mike.
I've just caught up with this thread again & I'll p.m. you all re what you are looking for. Cheers!
G.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunbeam-mike

Hello,

Interesting thread.

I'm on the hunt for, amongst other things, three wheel centres to complete my set, so if you stumble over any more Glen I'll be very interested.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Hooper

Go to Top of Page

jabe1807

Norway
192 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2016 :  21:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I have seen the P.M.
quote:

Hi all,
Paul, Jabe & Mike.
I've just caught up with this thread again & I'll p.m. you all re what you are looking for. Cheers!
G.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunbeam-mike

Hello,

Interesting thread.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Hooper

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000