Bristol Classic Car Show - 2014
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2014 :  22:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Bristol Classic show has gradually moved further into the year from it's original January date. This year, due to a busy diary at the showground, the June dates did at least mean we could enjoy the good weather.

As was the case in 2013, our stand was represented by 2 series cars. David Angel brought along a recent purchase in the shape of a series 3, the car having had minor restoration and a respray since being acquired.

Accompanying David was Derek Athey with his series IV. Derek was lined up to have his car on the stand a few years ago when a spell of bad weather (snow & ice) meant he was unable to make it to the show.

It looked like fate may be dealing another cruel hand when Derek phoned me on the Friday set up day to tell me his normally super reliable Rapier had broken down shortly after leaving home.

But after a visit from the AA man and an air lock in the fuel system cleared the car was back up and running. So Derek took his place on the stand and completed a very smart looking duo.

As ever our stand generated plenty of interest with a few people taking membership forms. Some photo's here of the club stand and some of the other vehicles;

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  19:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cars looked good Jason; sorry could not make it for obvious reasons!
A good selection of other cars: I see the Mk1 Sceptre which is owned by a man from Bournemouth & was restored by my cousin Brin a few years back: it looks pretty good still. Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000