Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 screen trim installation tool

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hillman Posted - 27 Mar 2021 : 09:51:01
Hello ,
Me again... I am trying to reinstall the chrome trim around the windscreen on my serie 3a. I think a special tool exist to do that easily. Does one of you has a picture or a drawing of this tool so I could build one?
Thank you very much and take care
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillman Posted - 27 Mar 2021 : 15:25:39
Hello everybody,
I don't know if this is of any interest but this is what I did.
first of all I installed the seal on the screen, then I used a 7mm rope that I inserted under the lip where the trim is mounted. I started by the lower trim, used a lot of talc powder and I instelled the trim aat its place then I pulled the rope slowly and the lip has jumped under the trim border. In fact not easy it took to my wife and me 4 hours approx to fit the complete trim on the screen. Corners are difficult but with the rope and a narrow spatula it finally went ok.
Now I will have to intall the screen equipped with the trim on the car. That will be done next week.
Thank you to those who read my original question and a special thank to Pranky who gave me a solution.
cheers to all and take care of your rapiers
gilles
hillman Posted - 27 Mar 2021 : 11:00:17
Hi Panky,
thank you forthe help. The tool you sent me won't be the one I need I am afraid but I think I have now found a method to put it using a small rope. I will complete it today and will let the members know if I am sucessful.
Thank you for your time and help anyway.
cheers
Panky Posted - 27 Mar 2021 : 10:37:49
There is this types (if it's the same type of insert as a Mini)

http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/Accessories/Tools/TOOL02.aspx?0108&ReturnUrl=/product/Classic/Accessories/Tools/TOOL12.aspx|Back%20to

There is also a more expensive version that is supposed to be easier to use from the same seller

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000