Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 h120 , they always knew it was in the barn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paul marshall Posted - 09 Mar 2021 : 22:20:26
Hi all, bought another h120, chassis number 111, Glen tells me they started at 101 so its looks like the earliest production h120.
The owners late father drove it in around 1982, passed away recently and they were selling the land and buildings for development.
Anyway as usual i went down with money and an empty truck and came home with it.
Its pretty sound, better than most but has roof and bonnet damage from things or people on top of it over the years, engine siezed.
I think id like to keep this one but i say that a lot, anyway some pics as nothings been posted for a while.
Thanks for reading
Paul

paul marshall
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JPSH120 Posted - 16 Mar 2021 : 13:59:00
quote:

'VLR'. Part of the registration?

Yes. If you look at the press coverage of the H120 at release, most are sporting VLR registrations.

VLR 147G etc I think.
Sunbeam-mike Posted - 16 Mar 2021 : 08:56:25
Sadly no. It was resprayed in the '80s. If it was a plate it has long gone. If it was stamped, I haven't been able to find it or it's been filled in.

Hence the question!

'VLR'. Part of the registration?

Mike

Mike Hooper
bigt80 Posted - 15 Mar 2021 : 16:31:45
Yep, great find. No stripes, but perhaps they were an option then, but I didn't think so. Maybe the owner didn't like them and removed them? Anyway, it is as Paul says a real early one. I had forgotten one of the 'VLR' press cars did survive & this was or is, 107.

(Mike - does your pre-prod one have a body No. ?)
paul marshall Posted - 11 Mar 2021 : 19:47:55
by chassis number i mean vin, same as engine number, they match on this car, all original

paul marshall
paul marshall Posted - 11 Mar 2021 : 19:46:55
Hi mike, i made a mistake its not 111 its 110, so earliest production one , apart from the prototype number 01, glen said they started at 101. the body number is number 9.so looks like number ten off the line?
first registered 18 nov 1968

paul marshall
Sunbeam-mike Posted - 11 Mar 2021 : 13:51:19
Well done Paul, good find. A bit mouse nibbled but looks complete.

This chassis number. Where abouts? I've been looking all over mine but I've only got the VIN plate.

By the way, what is the VIN? Yours might have been chasing mine up the production line!

mike

Mike Hooper
JPSH120 Posted - 10 Mar 2021 : 11:40:52
Hi Paul, good find. I don't know how you sniff these out!

Give this one a wash and you could double your money!

jimlagos Posted - 09 Mar 2021 : 22:58:52
Looks very sound from here. Pity if there's damage to the roof panel.
I have found generous use of diesel in spark plug holes,and eventually big spanner usually cures that?

jim

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000