Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Gallery
 Your Cars
 My Rapier 1971 HLY595K

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ebdons Posted - 02 Mar 2019 : 19:19:47
just seeing how much is there to do, a full stripdown will happen and still have my fathers Lanchester 1939 to finish as well so will acertain the state of affairs regarding amount of work over the summertime. just a few pics of the rot/rust so far. yes already had the joke about liking your white skip! not looked underneath yet but expecting some more areas needing work. tony

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ebdons Posted - 07 Aug 2019 : 18:21:31
Hi sorry for the delay, just stripping the car down, lots of areas needing attention, without asking the obvious, how does one get the gutter trim off without damage? there are no rivets etc, so It is either clipped on and over and maybe glued in place, jag mk2 gutter trim is glued on with some rivets so just asking here first as it's a good set of trim and want to preserve it. Tony
pollystag Posted - 15 May 2019 : 21:25:26
You have the same problem as me,or am I the only one who cant see a picture?
ebdons Posted - 15 May 2019 : 17:23:27
Hi some more pics to see, just starting to see what is in store for me when I have a good look underneath.

ebdons Posted - 15 Apr 2019 : 15:23:56
Hi nothing major yet, will need rear inner valance and outer sections etc but that was obvious, front valance seems ok but will "poke" about the rest of the bodyshell soon, will keep folks updated, but assume the work will be common to all fastbacks? ton
pollystag Posted - 08 Apr 2019 : 18:14:21
Any updates on this?
Have you started yet?
Steve.
ebdons Posted - 03 Mar 2019 : 13:01:16
Yes, lanchester in front and jag mk2 behind! whenever I get a new project folks turn up and "gawp" at what's in my garage. lol! anyway at least it's now in a controlled environment? Ton
bigt80 Posted - 03 Mar 2019 : 12:03:35
Cheers for the pics! Tucked up nicely by the looks of it, so should not deteriorate further, pending resto. G.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000