Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 New member with new toy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Commerlad Posted - 08 Jul 2019 : 15:31:39
Ok, First things first. Hello everybody my name is Mark. AKA Commerlad due to the fact that I have a 1969 VCAV Commer Lambourn Horse Transporter. (12 Ton 30ft Rigid was Lambourn's own demonstrator!)

So why join this group? well I have just become the owner of an Arrows range 1972 Sunbeam Rapier in Sundance Yellow.

Yes I know what I have let myself in for, (I already have an Arrows range Mk1 Hillman Hunter (1st day of sales and only the 320th made)

But so far in 3 week I have driven it about 350miles (first trip was Southend on Sea to near Sheffield) and it has only needed fuel. There are a few jobs to do(fuel tank sender, clock to power up {removed as stood?} radio and aerial to fit, spare keys to get, etc...etc...etc...
but nothing to actually stop me enjoying my new purchase.

Been in to testing station at work and underneath is solid (all seams to confirm car was restored/rebuilt about 2004 {papers dated march of that year under the new carpets}) and mostly stood since. Brakes are also fine (shoved off test rollers when applied)

So my question to you lot is does anyone know BKT444K may well have been a club members before as has club stickers in window.

Sometimes I think laterally, but then I have to get up!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Commerlad Posted - 10 Jul 2019 : 15:55:51
Did get a discount (not a great one but---), funnily enough another 1 appeared for sale in Southend (Gold one on EBAY) a few days after I got this.

The only ones that come up round here (further north of Lincoln ) aren't worth the money. (Currently a light blue one on EBAY near Goole, Primer over filler, Very tired interior, And not something our lad's in the workshop would sign off an MOT for.

pollystag Posted - 10 Jul 2019 : 13:33:37
Hi mate,
I nearly bought this 4yrs ago when it was on ebay,i had a feller from the owners club have a look for me up near lincoln where it was for sale, i missed out to that dealer in Rochford which funnily enough is just up the road from me, he paid £4900 if i remember and its been for sale for £7995 ever since,hope you got a bit of a discount,
Steve.
Commerlad Posted - 09 Jul 2019 : 14:04:17
Yes, I've found the piece about it (especially buyer beware) in the other thread,

Seller was a complete to##er, lied to basic questions, (like "Do you provide Drive away insurance?" His answer was "Yes" on phone but when got there he only said " We'll keep our dealers insurance on for a further 24 hour's" I nearly walked at that point, but essentially the car is sound and that was my 2nd 400 mile round trip.

Lights was a loose connection, wipers a bodged repair by them, (actually made it worse) fixed both on forecourt in 2 minutes.

Simple bits for a guy that did 8 years Auto Electrics for Peugeot at Worksop, Hartlepool, Morocco and Ryton.

Car drove home without missing a beat (200 miles averaging 50 mph the same as my Peugeot 607 the week before when I went to look at it!)

Drivetrain is a little on the noisy side but can sort that later.

So I have another demonstrator (Dealers this time rather than Manufacturers for the Commer.)

pollystag Posted - 09 Jul 2019 : 12:25:34
Hi mate,
Is this the one with cosmic alloys and alpine seats in?
Steve.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000