Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 1973 Rapier for sale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johnc Posted - 14 Mar 2018 : 12:51:35
I have been asked by a neighbour to see what interest there may be in his late father's Rapier.
The car has had one owner from new,only 33K genuine mileage.off road from 1985 (garaged),engine turns by hand,great interior,chrome etc.I have not been able to get under tha car but there is very lttle evidence of rust on body (minimal on front n/s wing and n/s door). Waxoyl type protection from new.
If I didn't have my SIV I would certainly consider buying this car it's amazing.
I would appreciate any input regarding possible value.
Anyone interested please send me personal e mail for photos etc etc.
The car is in Crewe,Cheshire.
Cheers
John

With the benefit of Glen's opinion of its value if anyone is interested enough to consider making an offer I should be pleased to forward the photos etc etc and arrange a viewing.
John

I'm surprised that 200+ 'hits' have not produced enough interest to request photos and I am wondering if there is a problem with personal e mailing via the forum.
The photo file is sizable and I cannot add it to this post.If anyone just wants to have a look e-mail me and I shall send it via We Tranfer.
John

It seems there is a problem in me receiving personal e mails via the forum so here is my direct e mail,
johncostin52@gmail.com. tel.no 07484 616501
John
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paul marshall Posted - 08 Jun 2019 : 22:37:23
nice idea, i have one ready to go - cypriot body, reconditioned engine with bills to prove. i sold it last year for 7k, now for sale again! this gold one on the thread looks tidy but the paint has bad pitting, ive not seen it in the flesh but certainly worth a look seeing as just as you said there have been a lot of ****ters on the market for top money, as always buyer beware, go and have a look first or only buy it f its so cheap it doesent matter.I saw pics of this car and it does sound better than most in this price range, and a better prospect at 4k than a crappy one at 2k

The blue h120 was offered on facebook, a chap bought 5 cars as he wanted a nissan skyline, this h120 and a std auto, both to rusty for the road were up open to offers, they were in south wales this chap bought them and looks like hes trying to get a drink on the parts, engine siezed and probably wont sell as i just about got 1250 for a complete h120 with current v5. anyway good luck to him it makes all my holbay engines look good value!!!!!!

paul marshall
Mooresy Posted - 08 Jun 2019 : 09:47:08
The gold 1973 L reg Crewe car is now for sale on ebay and on the car and classic website for £3,995. Which seems a very fair price for a 33,000 miles car thats been off the road for 30 odd years, given some of wrecks being offered for sale at the moment.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-rapier-fastback/223542499183?hash=item340c2bd76f:g:~VMAAOSw6vRc-NB1

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1114833

There is also the remains of a blue H120 for sale. This appears to have rusted really badly in some areas, but seems to have strangely good paint?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sunbeam-rapier-holbay-twin-40-webers/273878382973?hash=item3fc46c797d:g:Ej0AAOSwJyVc-QMg

mayber buy them both and resurrect a H120?
pollystag Posted - 26 Mar 2019 : 18:47:14
quote:
Originally posted by bigt80

Hi John,
I wonder if it is one that has been known to the club in the past? Amazing that these cars that have been stored away for years still keep surfacing :-)
Sounds interesting light resto for someone. Value so difficult, but the fact that it is a genuine unmolested example will help. A good sound Rapier Fastback with nice paintwork and a good interior, must be around £5-£6k now. I know there is that yellow one up for sale for c. 8k, but I think that's a bit steep. Really hard to value it without seeing a pic or two, but people do love 'barn finds'. I will pm you for details to add to our records if that's OK. Cheers. G

I have bought this car now and although I'm not a member of the sroc yet you are welcome to add the details of my car to your records if you wish.
Steve.
pollystag Posted - 24 Mar 2019 : 13:30:44
Hi,
I have now bought this car and it's still in pretty good nick after 34yrs in a garage in Crewe.
Steve.
johnc Posted - 23 Jan 2019 : 11:14:17
quote:
Originally posted by johnc

I have been asked by a neighbour to see what interest there may be in his late father's Rapier.
The car has had one owner from new,only 33K genuine mileage.off road from 1985 (garaged),engine turns by hand,great interior,chrome etc.I have not been able to get under tha car but there is very lttle evidence of rust on body (minimal on front n/s wing and n/s door). Waxoyl type protection from new.
If I didn't have my SIV I would certainly consider buying this car it's amazing.
I would appreciate any input regarding possible value.
Anyone interested please send me personal e mail for photos etc etc.
The car is in Crewe,Cheshire.
Cheers
John

With the benefit of Glen's opinion of its value if anyone is interested enough to consider making an offer I should be pleased to forward the photos etc etc and arrange a viewing.
John

I'm surprised that 200+ 'hits' have not produced enough interest to request photos and I am wondering if there is a problem with personal e mailing via the forum.
The photo file is sizable and I cannot add it to this post.If anyone just wants to have a look e-mail me and I shall send it via We Tranfer.
John

It seems there is a problem in me receiving personal e mails via the forum so here is my direct e mail,
johncostin52@gmail.com. tel.no 07484 616501
John

I've been asked by the owner,Peter,to have one last ditch try at finding a buyer.
He feels selling the car to be broken up for parts would be a disservice to his late father's keen attention keeping the car in top condition before he finally stopped driving.
A sale to an enthusiast who would put it back on the road is what Peter wants,he is looking for circa £2500.
Anyone interested please get in touch with me soon as time is running out.
John.

Mooresy Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 20:52:00
If you want someone who has owned a couple fastbacks in the past to give it a look over I'm only in Nantwich?
Pretty savvy when it comes to corrosion, bodywork, paintwork and bodges etc.
Chris.
johnc Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 18:35:29
Clearly having problems with e mails through the forum.Please use contact details at bottom of my original post.
Johnc
paul57 Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 18:09:48
i have sent 2 emails and no reply
paul marshall Posted - 24 Mar 2018 : 21:13:32
hi John, i sent you an email straight after you posted it, call me on 07947632976 rgds paul, check your spam maybe?

paul marshall
bigt80 Posted - 14 Mar 2018 : 15:41:52
Hi John,
I wonder if it is one that has been known to the club in the past? Amazing that these cars that have been stored away for years still keep surfacing :-)
Sounds interesting light resto for someone. Value so difficult, but the fact that it is a genuine unmolested example will help. A good sound Rapier Fastback with nice paintwork and a good interior, must be around £5-£6k now. I know there is that yellow one up for sale for c. 8k, but I think that's a bit steep. Really hard to value it without seeing a pic or two, but people do love 'barn finds'. I will pm you for details to add to our records if that's OK. Cheers. G

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000