Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 Restored Fastback for sale £10,000

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rapierdave Posted - 06 Aug 2018 : 22:42:10
Saw this at a car show near Bristol, Looked a very good restoration. Didn't get to talk to the owner.
Its on a Bristol reg.
Is this known to the club.
I was tempted to get back into Fastback ownership but £10K is strong money.

Coupes are cool

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 22 Aug 2018 : 20:00:24
Well spotted: not known to club, so must have been tucked away for 30 odd years as the ad. suggests. Yes, v. strong money, but I guess you could spend that to make one look good. Don't think club has supplied any bits towards it; else I would have heard of the car. Will add it to our records. :-). Cheers! G
JPSH120 Posted - 10 Aug 2018 : 15:50:12
I didn't spend anywhere near £10k,but I wasn't starting with a basket case. This advert might help me get an agreed valuation with my insurance company who have been pretty useless so far!
Rapierdave Posted - 10 Aug 2018 : 08:10:43
Totally agree with what your saying Paul.
I would always buy the best i could afford when buying a classic car.
The problem when selling a restored classic is that you never get back the money you have spent.
I am not sure why this particular car is up for sale so soon after restoration but it did look as good as Jason's car, just a shame it wasn't an H120 otherwise i may have risked divorce & bought it.
Is it worth around £10K ? I would say yes but if the owner needs to sell then as always the market will dictate the price achieved.
If we look at prices achieved for Rapier Fastbacks over recent years then nice ones in Vgood condition seem to go for between £5K to £6K.
Based on that i think this particular Rapier could achieve more than that & would probably be the highest price a standard Rapier Fastback has achieved recently.
I haven't seen this Rapier advertised on any sites so maybe the current owner was just gauging interest.

Coupes are cool

paul marshall Posted - 09 Aug 2018 : 22:48:17
when you think of some of the others on the market, yes 10 may seem strong but if its as good as it looks then that could be a lot cheaper than buying one for 3k and doing it up to a decent standard, dare i ask jason did you ever tot up all that you spent? its not the major stuff like respray or welding its the badges here and there, bit of wiring, door trim, handbrake cable, better looking fusebox cover! etc that add up to a lot, certainly looks well done from these pics not like that other blue alpine that kept appearing on ebay for 3500 but had paint over the rubber gromits and strut bolts in the engine bay.

paul marshall
JPSH120 Posted - 07 Aug 2018 : 14:36:49
Looks like a good one, Dave.

They keep coming out of the woodwork now values are creeping up.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000