Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Events
 National
 Diamond Jubilee Rally

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Administrator Posted - 05 Feb 2015 : 20:04:13
This is a very special year! It is the diamond jubilee of the Series 1 Rapier in 1955. And to celebrate this landmark event we are setting up our rally on this special occasion at the prestigious GAYDON Heritage Museum. It is one of those never to be repeated MUST GO celebrations.

The dates are 25th and 26th July 2015 and the gates will be open from 8 am to 11 pm on Saturday and 8 am to 6 pm on Sunday.

MORE DETAILS REGARDING ENTRY FEES, ACCOMMODATION, CAMPING, EVENTS ETC CAN BE FOUND IN THE MEMBERS AREA OF THIS FORUM.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 03 Jul 2015 : 08:32:45
Thanks Dave: yes, I've posted a bit more info on site & since my earlier post have spoken to site, who do accommodate tents as well, and they were very helpful. As you say, I think it will be better than Gaydon in actual fact, even if it doesn't have the convenience of being on-site. Cheers for spreading the word on Facebook. G.
onefunkyman Posted - 02 Jul 2015 : 08:31:10
Well done Glen for sorting this out,

I think Dada has booked in there and they seem reasonable, in fact, better than Gaydon in may ways!

I've mirrored this information on the Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Facebook page.

Dave
bigt80 Posted - 30 Jun 2015 : 18:46:53
Camping at Gaydon - Change of Plan.

If you were planning to camp at Gaydon over the weekend - please read.

Due to lack of advance bookings; Gaydon have cancelled the camping facility on-site at Gaydon. We've expressed our disappointment & tried to re-negotiate, to no avail; so here is the alternative site at Warmington, about 6 miles away or a 10 minute drive. On the plus side, prices are cheaper than the Gaydon site, but we've not had the opportunity to vet or find out what facilities are available at the site, so please discuss your requirements with the owners if you are planning to book a pitch.

FIR TREE FARM CARAVAN SITE
WARMINGTON
BANBURY
OXFORDSHIRE
OX17 1JL
Telephone Number
07983 144681
JimDrewett Posted - 14 Jun 2015 : 20:37:19
Hope to get along with our 1968 Sunbeam Rapier Fastback. Be great to see other Fastbacks and get to know more about these great cars.

James
bigt80 Posted - 11 Jun 2015 : 13:19:45
Accommodation Reminder
Time is moving on and the National is not that long away now.
Just a reminder that any member wishing to take advantage of the discount rates obtained by the club in association with the Stratford Manor Hotel, should make their booking ASAP. Also, there are still (at the time of posting) 4 places available for the Saturday evening meal.
To make a room reservation call the hotel (details in Cut & Thrust) or for a booking for the evening meal contact Derek in the first instance. Cheers & see you at the event if not at the hotel. G
chazr Posted - 18 Mar 2015 : 20:12:10
we will be there glen and all being well so will the rapier
pruyter Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 14:29:37
If my LHD Rapier Series 4 A is ready I will come to this gathering.
I hoped for more information in the C&T of march. As a foreigner I am interested in places where to stay and so on. I think I will stay a week in England so information about what to see is very welcome as well.

Regards,
Peter
bigt80 Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 10:05:58
I see this thread has been read a few times now. We seem to be getting a steady stream of people who are going to bring their Series I cars; they are the only ones 'booking in'; everyone else can just turn up on the day. SROC members will get in cheaper, but anyone can come along as we'd like to see as many Rapiers of all types gathered for this one
Are any of you forum members likely to come? I'll be there with my old LHD Fastback & it would be good to put a few faces to names from contributors on here.
Cheers. G.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000