Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Gallery
 Your Restorations
 Oh b****r

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johnc Posted - 08 Mar 2012 : 14:55:43
Hi all,

Some of you may remember my previous posts about the 12 year restoration of AUE 717B and I that promised some photos of the finished work.Alas the saga continues;body paintwork complete and shiny,new interior fitted,looking very good indeed,mechanicals sorted just a bit of a tune up needed,electrics pretty much up and running (glitch on wipers).Finally I came fit the doors (after being carefully stored after painting)and horror of horrors the paint has developed micro blisters in a few small areas.I thought I'd managed to get all the paint on before temperatures fell last autumn but clearly didn't make it with the doors.I'll now have to strip them and repaint when the weather warms up,so it's no photos at the moment guys but watch this space.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
johnc Posted - 24 Mar 2012 : 15:54:36
I stripped the doors awaiting warmer weather,lo and behold 19.4deg today so it was on with the primer and as the forecast is similar for the next 3 days I should get the top coat on..Then it's just a case of refitting the glass etc.etc. and rehanging the heavy blighters.
1922 Posted - 09 Mar 2012 : 13:45:29
So "Oh b****r" means "Oh blister". Always wondered what that meant

Good luck with the repaint!

janmarine3 Posted - 09 Mar 2012 : 03:48:33
Not to worry John, Sunbeams are tough...Rip Van Winkel also had one and it also had a few blisters when he woke up but he fixed em ,,,

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000