Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Fastback suspension geometry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
arrocuda Posted - 25 Oct 2018 : 20:51:46
Since I substantially lowered the front suspension on my fastback I've noticed that I can hear the front tyres scrub on full lock. So finally getting around to making the necessary modifications in order to bring it back into line with the standard geometry.

Not being of the adjustable type I will need to physically shorten the lower control arm in order to adjust the camber to it's factory setting. So having got a spare pair I was thinking of shortening them and narrowing them by cutting them in half (longitudinally) and welding them back together. Hopefully I can then slide them inside the existing ones, with a couple of bolts to lock them in place at the desired length.

I know some of the guys have lowered theirs too, so I thought I'd better check if there's an easier way to go before I start doing something I might end up regretting.

Tim

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000