Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Gallery
 Event Reviews and Pictures
 Bristol Classic Car Show - 2014

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JPSH120 Posted - 19 Jun 2014 : 22:03:54
The Bristol Classic show has gradually moved further into the year from it's original January date. This year, due to a busy diary at the showground, the June dates did at least mean we could enjoy the good weather.

As was the case in 2013, our stand was represented by 2 series cars. David Angel brought along a recent purchase in the shape of a series 3, the car having had minor restoration and a respray since being acquired.

Accompanying David was Derek Athey with his series IV. Derek was lined up to have his car on the stand a few years ago when a spell of bad weather (snow & ice) meant he was unable to make it to the show.

It looked like fate may be dealing another cruel hand when Derek phoned me on the Friday set up day to tell me his normally super reliable Rapier had broken down shortly after leaving home.

But after a visit from the AA man and an air lock in the fuel system cleared the car was back up and running. So Derek took his place on the stand and completed a very smart looking duo.

As ever our stand generated plenty of interest with a few people taking membership forms. Some photo's here of the club stand and some of the other vehicles;

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 24 Jun 2014 : 19:33:48
Cars looked good Jason; sorry could not make it for obvious reasons!
A good selection of other cars: I see the Mk1 Sceptre which is owned by a man from Bournemouth & was restored by my cousin Brin a few years back: it looks pretty good still. Cheers. G.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000